- Weekly sessions on Thursdays (8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) for the University academic year
- Clinical site observations across campus and the metro area
- Individual Leadership Learning Plan (ILLP) and a LEND Project developed with the support of MNLEND Faculty-Mentors
- Families as Teachers learning experience
- Online and experiential supplemental learning opportunities
- OLPD5356 Disability Policy and Services course and/or Policy & Advocacy module and policy project
Fellows actively participate in multi-modal learning activities beginning in late August through mid-May. Training includes weekly sessions taught by a variety of academic and community experts. Fellows also join in other field- and community-based experiential learning opportunities, including direct experience learning from families and/or self-advocates.
Under the guidance of an appointed Faculty-Mentor, each Fellow is supported in the completion of a LEND project, as well as in the design of a year-long Individual Leadership Learning Plan (ILLP) to ensure they meet LEND requirements and their own learning goals.